[PLUG] Now they're sending the good jobs to India

Mathew, Tisson K tisson.k.mathew at intel.com
Sat Jan 11 13:38:02 UTC 2003

My 2 cents worth ... I think there are some very good companies/engineers in
India. Some of these companies operate at SEI CMM Level 5. They take the
right steps to provide software products that meet the stringent quality and
timely delivery requirements of its customers, by institutionalizing
efficient processes (SEI CMM) and best practices (Good Management
Practices). Cost is definitely a magnetizing factor but I don't think it can
sustain without delivering high quality services/products in time. If
offshore companies can't offer commitment to achieve improved productivity,
improved quality, provide value to customer, and accurately predict product
schedule and completion, it will not survive.

Thanks
_tisson