[PLUG] qwest dsl

john morgali aarghj at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 12 16:20:02 UTC 2003

Ok, My 2 bits....

I have qwest business dsl.  It is fantastic service,
without an outage one or even a temporary slowdown
since connection.  thats the good.

the bad is here:
First, It took almost two months to get service in my
new location when it was SUPPOSED to be turned up when
I moved in.

Second, I was quoted 5 different prices in the same
day for the same service, 3 of which came from the
SAME REPRESENTATIVE!

Third, when the line was live, on my BUSINESS account,
they shipped me a USB only dsl modem!  hardly works
with my firewall or routing equipment. another two
weeks later, I had a nice but not much documented
actiontek wireless capable dsl modem/router.

Lastly, all in all, I would say that I have spent at
the very least 30 hours(highly conservative, 10 hours
in one day alone) on the phone with qwest to get both
the billing and the physical connectivity situations
squared away.

So, to summarize, the actual connection is fantastic,
and very stable. but the customer service is in no
uncertain terms shit.  absolutely.  I cannot stand
their customer service. their customer service is so
horrible that they ended up reversing two months worth
of charges and giving an additional free month just to
make up for the hassles I had to go through to get
things the way they should have been when I originally
ordered it.  Would I do it again?  hell no.  I would
go with any other isp possible, just so that I didnt
have to deal with the folks at qwest.  Please do your
research before you sign a contract with qwest.  you
will be happier if you do.

and as far as msn, I do believe that msn is now their
only choice of isp for residential accounts, but other
isp's in the area can contract dsl over qwest's lines.
 gotta love deregulation.

John
--- Gerardo Arnaez <garnaez at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I am *finally* getting dsl from qwest out
> here
> in seaside. I read some posts and was a bit
> confused.
> Apparently I am going to have qwest as my ISP?
>
> Does anyone have any suggestins for other ISP that
> can
> service seaside?
> Thanks for your time

=====
Pursuant to U.S. code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon State Law, any and all unsolicited  commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting fee.
U.S. E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.
Consult http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html for details.