[PLUG] USB digital camera

Fedor G. Pikus fedorp at wv.mentorg.com
Sun Jan 12 19:52:02 UTC 2003

You need to load usbstorage module if it does not load by itself
when you plug in the camera, try "modprobe usbstorage".
If it works, look at /proc/scsi/scsi file, your camera will appear
as one of SCSI devices (so it'll show up as /dev/sda if you don't have any
other SCSI devices). If the module does not load, or cannot be found, your
kernel does not have the USB support compiled in and configured properly.

Also, if the camera uses compactflash, you can just get a USB reader for
flash and not mess with getting camera supported (I never got my Vivitar
camera working with USB, it starts giving SCSI resets which never stop,
but the flash from it can be read in the card reader just fine).