[PLUG] PDXLUG

Matt King plug at magnetinternet.com
Mon Jan 13 07:19:01 UTC 2003

Hello all,

Just wanted to let you know there yet another LUG in Portland.  Portland
Linux Users Group (NOT to be confused with Portland Linux/Unix Group) has
been established as an alternative branch of PLUG.   We want the group to
focus on Linux and open-source; pretty much PLUG without the Unix part.  I
am hosting the web site and mailing list on my server.  Robby Russell
designed the web site for PDXLUG.

This is your chance to make a new user group the way you want it to be.
We are not holding meetings until we get an established user base.  But
you can join the mailing list
(http://www.pdxlug.org/mailman/listinfo/pdxlug) and participate online.
Help decide which way the web site should go.  Help decide where and when
meetings will be held.  Of course the list is also for good old fashioned
support questions. ;-)

We are not a group of 'PLUG Haters', we would like to peacefully co-exist
with PLUG.  But recent events have made it clear there has to be an
alternative group, or at least an alternative mailing list.

Anyway, comments and questions welcome.  But it won't do any good to
flame, as I won't reply.

Web Site: http://www.pdxlug.org