[PLUG] USB digital camera

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 13 11:28:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Dan Haskell wrote:

> I have an Olympus C3030 and it has worked great ever since the early 2.4
> kernels. As I remember it wasn't on the supported list for gphoto when I
> got it, so I just picked the closest match (the C2000, as I remember). The
> list of supported cameras was compiled from user reports, it's not
> definitive. Also, there appear to be very few digital camera chipsets out
> there - so, if it works with one Olympus it is highly likely to work with
> others.

  I bought my Olympus D-340L a number of years ago (1996? 1997?) and bought
that brand because the chipset is supported by photopc. That's the software
I've been using ever since. The camera has a serial connection (slow, but so
what?) and it's worked without any problems.

  Perhaps all Olympus cameras work with photopc.