[PLUG] modprobe errors

Mike De La Mater mikedela at ipns.com
Tue Jan 14 09:01:01 UTC 2003

I've just installed logwatch on a server that has run fine for over a year, but
mysteriously locked up. It had no video, no response to any port I use on it, nada.
(Just like some other OS, but this isn't what my post is about)

I'm geting TONS of repeated modprobe errors. I've tracked down most of the sources
and I know how to attqck the first one listd here. Somehow I installed the ISDN
packages on the RH7.1 box, I'm removing them now.

There are other tricks to remove the errors for the sound card and sound system,
but I don't remember them.

Can somebody help out? How do I google for these, I can't seem to find the fix.

modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-44
modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-16
modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-17
modprobe: Can't locate module block-major-18
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-6
modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-6

Mike De La Mater
mikedela at ipns.com
503-702-6749