[PLUG] Advanced Topics, THURSDAY Jan 16th, 2003, OpenOffice Tips

Zot O'Connor zot at zotconsulting.com
Tue Jan 14 10:54:04 UTC 2003

                          Advanced Topics SIG
                       7pm Thursday January 16th
             PLEASE NOTE THURSDAY NOT WEDNESDAY THIS MONTH

                 Paddy's Bar and Grill in the back room
                           65 SW Yamhill St.
                              Portland, OR
                              503.224.5626
                            On the MAX Line
                  http://www.paddys.com/location.html

                                 TOPIC

                      Open Office Tips and Tricks
                                   by
                          PLUG Members at Large
                          <plug at pdxlinux.org>

      Food and Beer

        ITS A BAR/RESTAURANT

So What's with the topic?

        The questions surrounding Open Office/Star Office have recently
        transformed from "can it open word documents" to "How do I print
        brochure style paging?" (Which is something OO does natively,
        and word does not).

So this is a chance to

        a) Install OpenOffice
        b) Ask questions about OpenOffice
        c) Answer questions about OpenOffice
        d) Drink beer and eat food.

Since there is no "speaker" we are asking everyone to bring

        a) Laptops with OpenOffice installed
        b) CD ROMs with the OpenOffice installer on there (preferably
        for multiple OSes) to share with people.
        c) Questions
        d) Sample documents (this is a biggie)
        e) Answers (Accuracy not important)

Generating a list of questions on PLUG's mailing list would be a good
idea!

--
Zot O'Connor <zot at zotconsulting.com>
White Knight Hackers, Inc.