[PLUG] kwu-ftpd newbie

josh rosenbaum jrosenbaum at ffadesign.com
Tue Jan 14 14:25:02 UTC 2003

I'm trying to configure an FTP server on a RedHat 7.2 box running kwu-ftpd
0.2.0 (whatever comes with the RedHat distro).  Security isn't my main goal
(it will be down the line), but my main goal is to just have it work period.

I've got it set up so that I can ping it, and I even get a login screen from
and FTP client on another machine.  The problem is that I can't seem to
successfully set up a user account within the ftp program that can log in.
I have anonymous set up with fairly decent access.

Anyone have any hints for a newbie trying to setup an FTP server?  Also,
what is the difference between kwu-ftpd and wu-ftpd?  Wu has a higher
version number than kwu, but I can't get that one to work either.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Josh Rosenbaum
I.S. Manager
Fletcher Farr Ayotte PC