[PLUG] Re: [users] PostgreSQL & OpenOffice (fwd)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 14 15:05:02 UTC 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Hi man!

I'm not (purely) of the OO Team (I think it's somewhere a big medal
for me cause this is my first sending item).

After two weeks I have just seen my Postgres tables in the Data Source
. I have read a lot but a problem with the driver send me an error
message (Finaly I have just got it)

The process I have done (I'm not explain in detail all but I tell you
some links):

-Install PostgreSQL with ODBC support. It makes ODBC with Postgres
connection (for example
http://www.ninthwonder.com/info/postgres/programmer/odbc.htm)
-Install odbcunix (www.odbcunix.org You can read more information in
section Manuals). It makes "everybody" connect with ODBC "sources"
-Configure ODBC (odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini in your configuration
files. Mine's are in /etc). Here you tell where are Data (DSNs) and
what driver connect your database.
-And voilá (My error here was that I use the library driver from
Postgres, I use what comes with unixodbc and it worked)

General Link (http://www.codebydesign.com/Common/doc/NotesPostgreSQL.html)

I'm going to try now how to manipulate data (I suppose this will be
trivial with OO).

Best Regads (and congratulations for this suite)

Cesáreo
www.cesareox.com

PD: My config files (for example)

/etc/odbcinst.ini

[PostgreSQL]

Description 	= ODBC Driver para Postgres
Driver		= /opt/unixodbc/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup 		= /opt/unixodbc/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage 	= 1

/etc/odbc.ini

[ODBC Data Sources]
prueba_odbc = Prueba de base ODBC