[PLUG] K12LTSP with massively different terminals

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Tue Jan 14 16:24:01 UTC 2003

At my church, they have a mish-mash computer lab and I've recently
been given permission to try to improve it, so of course I'm
going to try Linux :)

My first thought was K12LTSP.  There's a box with two NICs that can
work as the server, but the clients will be whatever's in the room.
Every single K12LTSP setup that I've read about have all been with
identical machines, whereas here I'm trying to re-use existing
hardware.

Is it doable, but difficult, or is it just better done with identical
boxes?

Thanks,
Colin