[PLUG] software sources manager under Mandrake Control Center (MDK9)

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Tue Jan 14 16:42:13 UTC 2003

Has anyone else noticed that the software sources manager GUI
thingy will mangle the database and crash?

A CD will disappear or go into an unselectable state.  Or, I'll
get a message saying that I need to update my sources before I
can install anything.

FWIW, I installed all my CDs by hand with urpmi.addmedia and that
let me get everything back to where I could select and install
software, but with one MAJOR exception.  Unless a CD is already
mounted, urpmi will die saying that it can't find the data.
Urpmi no longer prompts me to provide CDs.  I would have thought
that declaring the CDs as "removable://..." would have been what
it needed.  No such luck.

Any idea how to troubleshoot this or make it work again?

Thanks....