[PLUG] Sonny Bono: "From hell's heart, I stab at thee"

Fedor G. Pikus fedorp at wv.mentorg.com
Wed Jan 15 15:16:01 UTC 2003

It's depressing but expected. The court have consistently stated that its
decisions are based on the existing laws, not on what the justices think
is the "good of the country", the latter is in the care of the Congress.
In this case, the majority opinion, as I see it, can be summarised like
this: "Congress has broad powers to set copyright laws, and Court cannot
change that no matter how misguided an exercise of these powers by the
Congress might be in this case".

--
                                  Fedor G. Pikus
Mentor Graphics Corporation         | Phone: (503) 685-4857