[PLUG] age of empires for linux

Rogan Creswick creswick at cs.orst.edu
Wed Jan 15 19:33:02 UTC 2003

tuxgames.com has almost every game that has been ported to Linux, many
(most?) with demos you can download. Kohan is pretty good in the
strategy / rts type thing ( I have not played AoE[2]).

Counterstrike / HL runs quite well under wine, find info at:

http://lhl.linuxgames.com/

framerates will be somewhat lower than on windows. (it was playable on
my dual celeron 366, with a G400, about 15-20fps).

www.happypenguin.org is a good place to keep up with the state of
linux gaming. Linux Game Publishing is also doing a good job at
porting games, they haven't made a big splash because they are a bit
more conservative than Loki. (probably a good idea, considering :( ).

Find them at www.lgp.org
http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/

Starcraft also runs under wine pretty well, search on
www.linuxgames.com for help.

-Rogan