[PLUG] Disk Hardware Problem

Roman Robinson sigma_x at attbi.com
Wed Jan 15 23:37:15 UTC 2003

I have seen all the replies, and have a general reply to this sort of
problem. When you start out with trying to fix a computer that won't load
drives, just take out and push the IDE cables all the way back in. In my
experience, this solves about 3 in 4 cases of problems. IDE cables can come
loose for many reasons, such as fan vibration or movement (If they are very
loose). Then of course there are more complicated problems, but the IDE
cables yield the most results for the least amount of testing work ;)

--SiGmA_X