[PLUG] Turning off caps-lock

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 16 13:58:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Timothy Grant wrote:

> I generally use keymap to swap ctrl and caps-lock in my terminals and the X
> setting to swap them in X. This works really well. However, on my new
> notebook for some-reason I keep hitting the control key and turning on
> caps-lock.

  So? You can't install keymap and xmodkeys on your laptop, too?

> Since caps-lock was a stupid idea in the first place, I'm quite happy to
> completely lose that functionality. I'm sure there's a way to just turn
> caps-lock completely off. I just don't know what it is.

  I know a bunch of people who think the same. Every letter in their e-mails
is in lower case. That's cute if you're pre-pubescent, but not when you're
in your 30's or 50's.

  Regardless, have you tried redefining that keycode as 0?

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com