[PLUG] PPPoA same as PPPoE?

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Fri Jan 17 10:23:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 09:13, Gerardo Arnaez wrote:
> I got dsl qwest service.
> I know they use PPPoA, is this basically the same as
> PPPoE
> in that I dont have an always on internet connection?

It seems like the qwest people only talk about "CAP" and "DMT"
technology.  The persistence of your connection would be determined by
the service your ISP is providing.

> would this be solved by getting a static IP address?

Static is always good :), but not a guarantee that your connection will
always be there, again, this is a function of the service that your ISP
is offering (or not offering).

> thanks

Not sure if that helped or not.

Derek Loree