[PLUG] PPPoA same as PPPoE?

john morgali aarghj at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 18:10:02 UTC 2003

No, this is not true.  PPPoA is point to point
protocol over ATM connection.  which basically means
that you have an atm style dsl line now.  quite an
efficient type of dsl, if you can deal with qworst.

PPPoE is over ethernet.

hope that helps.

John

--- Gerardo Arnaez <garnaez at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I got dsl qwest service.
> I know they use PPPoA, is this basically the same as
> PPPoE
> in that I dont have an always on internet
> connection?
>
> would this be solved by getting a static IP address?
>
> thanks

=====
Pursuant to U.S. code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Section 227, and consistent with Oregon State Law, any and all unsolicited  commercial E-mail sent to this address is subject to a consulting fee.
U.S. E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.
Consult http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html for details.