[PLUG] Oracle 9i on Red Hat - HOWTOs

Timothy Grant tjg at craigelachie.org
Sun Jan 19 20:38:02 UTC 2003

On Sunday 19 January 2003 05:15 am, Steve Blake wrote:
> FYI
>
> Werner Puschitz has a web site outlining in good detail the installations
> of Oracle 9i on Red Hat Linux 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 8.0 and on Red Hat 2.1
> Advanced Server. I have gone through most of these and have found them to
> be some of the best instructions I've seen since Tim Bissetts deprecated 8i
> HOWTOS at: http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/ a couple years back.
>
> Here's a link to Werner's site...
> http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.html

They are excellent documents, and we have Oracle running on several boxes
thanks to them. The problem is that Oracle will ONLY support Oracle on RHAS
and nothing else, we have run into a couple of problems that have forced us
to move Oracle to RHAS boxes just to get support from Oracle for a couple of
problems we've had.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.