[PLUG] OO uh-oh

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 22 16:26:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Colin Kuskie wrote:

> Any idea when, like to the nearest calendar quarter?

  The impression I received from the bug-fix report is Real Soon Now: this
quarter. They suggested I hang on because the fixed version would soon be
available. The bug's still in 1.0.1 and 1.0.2.

> I knew there was a reason I don't use templates :)  In related news, I've
> had a chance to try Lyx and have to say it doesn't seem too bad. I'm only
> modifying documentation rather than creating it from scratch, but it seems
> to work very well for what I need to do (updating the documentation for
> the GNU Pic utilities).

  I use templates for letters, invoices and fax cover sheets. The template
that revealed the bug is a 14-page monster created by a regulatory agency
and it's filled with boxes, check boxes and other extreme formatting. I was
chastised the last time I sent them a permit application with the same
information but not on their "official" form. Sigh.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com