[PLUG] Rat off a Sinking Ship?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Jan 22 16:44:01 UTC 2003

>>>>> "alan" == alan  <alan at clueserver.org> writes:

alan> I don't think he could install Debian.  He has a 56k modem line,
alan> if that.  Most Debian distributions insist on downloading
alan> anything and everything.

Not everything, just the packages that are installed, which _can_ be
rather limited.  Also, you _can_ use CD-ROMs (if you can find them),
it's just a matter of setting your /etc/apt/sources.list
appropriately.  But sure, broadband is a pleasant thing to have.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more