[PLUG] Rat off a Sinking Ship?

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Wed Jan 22 17:11:02 UTC 2003

There are quite a few strong mature distributions.
Among these are:

      RedHat
      SuSE
      Mandrake
      Debian

All of these are very good distros, altho each has
certain advantages in particular situations.

If you like Mandrake, I would not jump ship until
I knew the ship was sinking.  Mandrake is a troubled
company, but certainly not a dead company at this
point.  Moreover, a lot of people love Mandrake Linux,
and Mandrake is Open Source.  Thus, if worse comes to
worse the Mandrake user community may take it over.
If Mandrake were close source, I would probably
recommend jumping ship NOW, but being OpenSource
makes the situation much more tolerable.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel

   David Mandel, Product Manager       http://www.MicroSharp.com
                          Other Affiliations