[PLUG] Rat off a Sinking Ship?

Paul Mullen pem at nellump.net
Thu Jan 23 17:05:03 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 03:55:08PM -0800, Scott VanHoosen wrote:
> A friend of mine who knows next to nothing about Linux downloaded and
> installed Xandros. Without really knowing how, he was able to get it up
> and running, share files with his Windows XP computer, and run a few

I'm surprised no one is mentioning Knoppix. It's meant to be a
CD-ROM-based distro, but it does have a handy little script on it that
make copying the contents of the CD over to a HDD a snap. I installed
Knoppix on a "new" Celeron 700 system a few weeks back, and it was by
far the easiest install I've ever done (even easier than that "other"
OS). Everything was auto-detected by the boot scripts. No problemo. Of
course, it *is* based on Debian, and that seems to give some PLUG
members absolute fits. <que foreboding music here>

Paul