[PLUG] Locking up again.

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Jan 23 22:44:01 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Steven" == Steven Raymond <stever at woo-hoo.com> writes:

Russell> I don't know what the warranty status of these things is.
Russell> You'd think that some sort of monetary settlement from A-bit
Russell> would be in order, considering that the damn things aren't
Russell> being manufactured anymore.

Steven> I read somewhere that Abit was repairing these even out of
Steven> warranty.  Downside was that it wasn't advance replacement;
Steven> you had to send them your bad board and wait for the fixed one
Steven> back.  Took maybe 5 days?  ugh...

The motherboard that Jeme has was the third replacement I got from to
A-bit.  Each round trip took about 2 weeks, plus an hour roundtrip
drive out to Hillsboro.  I bought a replacement rather than wait.  One
of the advantages of selling it to Jeme is that I wasn't going to tear
apart my working machine *again* to see if the return was working, so
his testing was useful as a confirmation that it actually worked.

--
Russell Senior         ``I've seen every kind of critter God ever made,
seniorr at aracnet.com      and I ain't never seen a meaner, lower, more