[PLUG] New monitor

Jim Webb jimwebb at charter.net
Fri Jan 24 03:58:02 UTC 2003

> In your XF86Config file[1], the only changes you'll need to make are
> to the 'HorizSync' and 'VertRefresh' settings. You ought to be able to
> get those range settings right out of the manual or, lacking that,
> from the manufacturer's web site.

I'm running RH 8 and migrating from a Viewsonic 15" monitor to a Dell P990 19"
monitor.  I see in the manual that they list under specifications a heading
called deflection frequency of Horizontal of 3 - 96 kHz and a vertical
of 48 - 120 Hz.  In another section they list several different values
for horizontal and vertical e.g. 1280 x 1024 the horizontal range from
64 - 91 kHz and the vertical range from 60 - 85 Hz.

TIA,
Jim