[PLUG] New monitor

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Fri Jan 24 06:57:01 UTC 2003

On 24 Jan 2003, Jim Webb wrote:

> > In your XF86Config file[1], the only changes you'll need to make
> > are to the 'HorizSync' and 'VertRefresh' settings. You ought to be
> > able to get those range settings right out of the manual or,
> > lacking that, from the manufacturer's web site.
>
> I'm running RH 8 and migrating from a Viewsonic 15" monitor to a
> Dell P990 19"  monitor.

The P990 will serve you well. I had one at my last job, and it was
great. Here are the settings that worked for me:

   HorizSync   30.0-107.0
   VertRefresh 48.0-120.0

I ran it in 32-bit/1280x1024 mode, though you'll want to see what
modes are supported by your video card.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>