[PLUG] New monitor

Aaron Baer judah at opusnet.com
Fri Jan 24 19:12:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 04:10, Jim Webb wrote:
> > In your XF86Config file[1], the only changes you'll need to make are
> > to the 'HorizSync' and 'VertRefresh' settings. You ought to be able to
> > get those range settings right out of the manual or, lacking that,
> > from the manufacturer's web site.
>
> I'm running RH 8 and migrating from a Viewsonic 15" monitor to a Dell P990 19"
> monitor.

I think learning how the config file is written is awesome and you
should continue. However, I also wanted to point out that in rh8 there
is now a configuration tool in Hat->System Settings->Display with
various things to set, it will also probe your monitor and or give you a
list of monitors to choose from. At this point you still have to restart
X for the setting to take effect but I would imagine changing screen
resolutions and things like that on the fly will (It's now in the more
new versions of Xfree86) will happen in the next few releases...

A-

--
----
Aaron Baer