[PLUG] More RH8 Trouble

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 28 09:30:02 UTC 2003

On 28 Jan 2003, Derek Loree wrote:

> Debian. It isn't perfect, but at least it asks if you want to hose your
> config files.

  Actually, so did Red Hat. From 4.0 (or 4.1, I forget which was the first I
installed) through 6.2 I was told either that the old config file was being
saved as *.sav or that the new one was placed on the hard drive as *.rpmnew.
Never before did the installer behave as it did then.

  As the old cliche goes: once bitten, twice shy. The RH 8.0 disk I picked
up at the clinic when the road tour was here sits on the desk while the
notebook hasn't yet been upgraded.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)