[PLUG] More RH8 Trouble

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Tue Jan 28 19:14:02 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 06:21 pm, Robbert van Andel wrote:
> I did not intend to start a debate on the virtues of one flavor of Linux
> to another.  I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to my dilemma?

I'm not sure if there is one. RH8 works great in the confines of their
approved, supported apps- OpenOffice, bluecurve, etc.  I never did get the
hardware browser to work. I didn't check their bugtracking or user list,
those would be good places to start. RH8 is very bleeding-edge, it's major
leaps forward are going all-out for Unicode support, and trying to build a
standardized, business-friendly interface. Which I still don't get- use
Gnome, use KDE, use Xfce, use IceWM, use whatever- this weird morphing of KDE
and Gnome makes no sense to me.

--
Carla Schroder