[PLUG] More RH8 Trouble

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Tue Jan 28 20:55:02 UTC 2003

Carla Schroder wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 January 2003 07:16 pm, Robbert van Andel wrote:
>
>>What's odd is the hardware browser comes with RedHat.  I did not install
>>it.
>

> Lots of stuff comes on the distribution disks that are provided 'for
> convenience', but they don't support them, or even claim they will work.

This is news to me.  I haven't looked at 8.0, but have noticed that RH has
significantly reduced the included apps at least since before 6.2.

My guess was that they got popular enough to need to cut down on support
calls, so they only included what they knew to work.

Don't know if it's still true, but SuSE used to ship 8 or 9 CDs.  If you
didn't have a decent pipe, you could check out all kinds of stuff.  Find
something you like and get the latest version from the maintainer.  That was
about the time RH cut back to 3 cds.

Where does RH disclaim their included apps?  Or do I have a hook in my mouth?

--
Kyle Accardi