[PLUG] Syncing Handspring Problem

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Wed Jan 29 15:11:02 UTC 2003

Newwind Admin wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to sync my Handspring Visor using the USB port
> under Linux (SuSe 8.0). If I monitor the USB port, I see the Visor when I
> push the sync button, but can't connect to it with either jpilot or kpilot. A
> coworker told me that it may be becuse the code expects a pilot, not a visor.
> I find that hard to believe since they share the same operating system. It
> may be as simple as not using the correct device on Linux. I can't find the
> info in any of the howto's.

It works, have you seen this site
http://usbvisor.sourceforge.net/index.php3

I don't use my Visor often, but I think you plug it in _before_ launching
jpilot.  Then click 'sync' from the app.  It helps to have a treminal window
open running
# tail -f /var/log/messages

Also, make sure jpilot is loking at the right device

I made a link, /dev/pilot -> /dev/ttyUSB1

but for some reason, I have jpilot set to /dev/ttyUSB1, but the symlink
should work equally.

Others here may have better advice

--
Kyle Accardi