[PLUG] 2 Questions

Dirk Ouellette hapibeli at attbi.com
Wed Jan 29 20:02:02 UTC 2003

I have two questions on 2 different subjects. I've found out why my
daughter's box can't ping even the attbi inet address that shows up on
route -n. The damn firewall will NOT go below High no matter how I try
to set it lower using redhat config and the GUI supplied in the distro.
I even reinstalled and specified NO firewall and was ignored. I'm
planning to use the cd's I burned for RH 8 instead of the cd's I got at
the Linux clinic directly from RH and see if that will do the trick as
I've had no such trouble from my machine with those cd's, unless someone
can tell me how to kill that firewall from a terminal.I can't find the
process ID from ps -aux, and maybe I'm not meant to for security
reasons.

My 2nd question is how to make a boot floppy to set up RH 8 on an old
Compaq 4508  I got ahold of that has a non-bootable cd. That's for fun
and education.It works for an Ipcop install on the Compaq so I thought
I'd try RH 8.
Thanks, Dirk