[PLUG] [PDXLUG July 01, 2003 Meeting Announcement]

Salvador Peralta speralta at willamette.edu
Tue Jul 1 12:16:01 UTC 2003

david pool wrote:

> Well that's too good to pass up. But Slug.org,net,com were all taken
> so I've decided (in the spirit of Monty Python) to start another
> splinter faction: the Stumptown Linux Users Group of Oregon at SLUGO.net.

SLUGO?  Piss off.  Bloody Cricketters.  We're forming the OSLUG.net
group in conjunction with the People's Liberation Front of Judea.  Our
mission is to advocate Linux, liberate Judea from the Romans, and
liberate PC users from Microsoft.

What have the Romans done for us anyway?

> I actually think there are useful reasons to have more than one Linux
> group in Portland. I have to agree with Dan though, I'm not clear on
> the philosophical distintions between the existing PLUGs. That said,
> the new PdxLug folks do seem to be doing some interesting projects. As
> I see it, that's one of the advantages to having several smaller
> groups instead of one monolithic group - the freedom to take
> initiative and experiment.

Well said!

--
Salvador Peralta