[PLUG] Comcast complaint

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Tue Jul 1 17:04:02 UTC 2003

On 30 Jun 2003, Brent Rieck wrote:

> Hello,
>   Has anybody seen the manual switch instructions yet?
> connect.comcast.net bounces me to a non-existent server
> (online.comcast.net).
>
> thanks,
> Brent

I don't use attbi or comcast for anything except my internet
connection.  (I use DavidMandel.com, pdxLinux.org, etc for
web sites and mail.  The people (person) owning these domains
haven't ever told me that I will have to change my email address,
unlike most of the "real" ISP routinely do.)

On the other hand, I can't let this go by without complaining about
Comcast.  I just ordered Comcast in a new location.  Their tech
came and sort of installed things.  I mean he left before making
sure anything worked.  He didn't even have a laptop so he could
register the connection for the customer and the registration process
required an MS Windows PC.  I finally dug up a PC running Windows 2000
and tryed to run the install program.  Errors!! Errors!! Errors!!
Well, I did get it to run and got everything working in fairly short
order.  But still, I wasn't totally happy about the experience.
A less experienced user could have had real problems.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist
                                          Portland Linux/Unix Group