[PLUG] IMAP "public folders"

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Jul 2 13:31:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 12:36, gilmanhunt at comcast.net wrote:

> I can't find anything related to an "imap public folder" in documents for the UW
> Imap daemon. Cyrus is ... closer, but I don't want to install cyrus for such a
> temporary fix.

Well, if you want my opinion, I'd install Cyrus and switch everyone over
to IMAP permanently.  This solves the problem of platform and MUA client
portability once and for all, and lets you back up your mail spool
centrally.  There really aren't any downsides and IMAP is a much more
intelligent protocol than POP.  I'm biased, of course, since I sell
Cyrus IMAP-based solutions.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * * * * Good, fast and cheap: Pick all 3! * * * * * * *
*   Naked Ape Consulting                http://nakedape.cc  *