[PLUG] Problems with Galeon and Mozilla with remote X-displays

Colin Kuskie ckuskie at dalsemi.com
Wed Jul 2 15:26:01 UTC 2003

I've been following the thread about the problems with X over ssh.  I'm
having a similar problem, but it's with Mozilla and Galeon and gimp on
Red Hat 9 running over SSH or rsh.

They both give me this error:

[ckuskie at nwdc-lab ~]$ galeon &
[1] 13641
[ckuskie at nwdc-lab ~]$
** WARNING **: could not load bookmarks!
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

Other applications don't have problems, like konqueror or
gnome-terminal, and they run fine when I'm in front of the box.

Thanks,
Colin