[PLUG] iptables error message

Salvador J Peralta speralta at willamette.edu
Wed Jul 2 21:44:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Lynn Yuan wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply. My eth0 in this case
> is    192.168.0. this linux box is among my another
> internal network, and the eth1 for this box is
> 172.16.1.. I check the file ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1,
> both file setting seem o.k..(ip address and network,
> broadcast,)
> Is there any other files I should take a look at?

How are you starting iptables?  If you cannot start it manually, then your
syntax is probably bad.  In redhat 9.0, why not try doing

/etc/init.d/iptables status and/or
/etc/init.d/iptables restart.

If that doesn't work, have a look at the file specified in
IPTABLES_CONFIG.

Regards,

Salvador

Since you are using