[PLUG] Problems using X with ssh from one particular site.

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu Jul 3 01:26:02 UTC 2003

On 1 Jul 2003, Zot O'Connor wrote:

> Ahhhhh!  This is very insecure!
>
> X over ssh uses xauth/magic cookies and a fake display (tunneled).
>
> Also since it works from some machines and not others, it is likely
> DNS/IP, or a setting on passwords/keys.
>
> --

Yes, I did resolve the problem and my biggest problem seemed to be
that I changed the ip of one machine without making a change to the
DNS (or /etc/hosts file).

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist