[PLUG] Comcast: Static IP

Grish grishnav at egosurf.net
Mon Jul 7 14:01:02 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 13:52, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Jon Ladwig wrote:
>
> > My experience with attbi was that the dynamic ip did not change. I
> > had the same ip for a year; it even followed when I moved a short
> > distance.

I had the same IP with @home from the time I signed up until the time
they went out of buisness.

I had the same IP with ATTbi from the time they bought @home, through
the Comcast merger, up until just over a week ago, where it has changed
once every 3 days since.

Sadly, each of the leases is good for 7 days. I can't see how this could
be helping anything. Their tables have to be very polluted at this
point; that or they keep getting flushed by mistake (intentionally??).

Fortunately, no-ip.com has been totally reliable throughout - even with
the client running on my 2k box instead of my linux box. :)

--
Grish <grishnav at egosurf.net>