[PLUG] Comcast: Static IP

robbert at vafam.com robbert at vafam.com
Mon Jul 7 15:36:02 UTC 2003

Just so you know, Comcast.net prohibits the running of servers on its network.  If you say this is your parent's service, perhaps you should consult with them first before you risk having their service cut off.

>From it's acceptable use policy under the section of prohibited activity:

(xiv) run programs, equipment, or servers from the Premises that provide network content or any other services to anyone outside of your Premises LAN (Local Area Network), also commonly referred to as public services or servers. Examples of prohibited services and servers include, but are not limited to, e-mail, Web hosting, file sharing, and proxy services and servers;

Robbert

You Wrote:

What does ntpd do? I would go install it now, but my IP changed and I am not at
home right now. My IP has been having LOTS of traffic, but still changes. Lots
as in a few GB per day, and constantly. I am going to go with DynDNS.org.

--
Roman Robinson
sigma_x at comcast.net