[PLUG] Comcast: Static IP

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Jul 7 16:01:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 robbert at vafam.com wrote:

> (xiv) run programs, equipment, or servers from the Premises that
> provide network content or any other services to anyone outside of
> your Premises LAN (Local Area Network), also commonly referred to as
> public services or servers. Examples of prohibited services and
> servers include, but are not limited to, e-mail, Web hosting, file
> sharing, and proxy services and servers;

I've always interpreted the @home/att/comcast no-servers policy to
mean that I can't offer it to any person who doesn't ordinarily (and
legally) have console access to my home computers, i.e., my immediate
household.

That doesn't mean, however, that I can't provide an e-mail or a web
server for my own personal use when I'm away from home; I just need to
make sure that it's got a reasonable set of access restrictions.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>