[PLUG] Photo uploading

Holger Stephan holger at selover.net
Tue Jul 8 10:11:02 UTC 2003

Dirk,

Since none of the experts answer, you'll have to make do with mine for
now:

I use an USB reader to upload from a flash card. RedHat assigns it to
/dev/sda1. I added this to /etc/fstab:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/usb vfat user,uid=500,noauto  0  0

(500 is me). Then I created an empty directory /mnt/usb and allowed
write access to my account. Now I use a script to suck up the pictures:

if [ $# -ne 1 -a $# -ne 2 ];
then
  echo 1>&2 "Usage: copyusb destinationpath"
  echo 1>&2 "   destinationpath: This path will be created if it does
not exist."
  exit 1
fi

if [ ! -d $1 ]; then