[PLUG] PowerPC

Rogan Creswick creswick at cs.orst.edu
Thu Jul 10 20:13:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 06:52:05PM -0700, Roman Robinson wrote:
>    Link: File-List
>    I did it on my sisters iMac. Yellow Dog Linux is the easist to do. I tried
>    Debian and it worked, up until the part where I had to get XWindows
>    working.. I am going to try again now that YDL gave me a full readout on
>    the hardware and drivers needed :)

I have debian running on an iMac (the old purple one). Let me know if
you need config files or whatnot. Two problems I have:

1) remapping the keyboard to do dvorak

2) eth0 stops working periodically /etc/init.d/networking restart
fixes it, so I have a cron job check every 2 min, however this would
not be tollerable on anything other than a convience machine (if any
one has reccomendations I'd love to hear them!).

-Rogan