[PLUG] mozilla

Salvador Peralta speralta at willamette.edu
Fri Jul 11 09:30:02 UTC 2003

Lynn Yuan wrote:

>Hi
>
>Thank you for your reply.
>
>(1)I did use "-UIlocal en-US".

Don't use "-UIlocal en-US" use "-UIlocale en-US"
                                                                   ^

>(2)I also start mozilla from the terminal window, by
>using "/usr/bin/mozilla", same thing happened.

If there was an error, then you should have seen a warning message in
the terminal window.

>(3)Then I try "mv /root/.mozilla /root/.maz.bak", and
>start the mozilla from /usr/bin/mozilla, nothing came
>out. How can I recreate the preference?

Was there any error in the terminal window when you used it to launch
Mozilla?

Some thoughts:

Perhaps the mozilla shell script doesn't like being in a different
directory that the mozilla-bin executable which is probably not in your
$PATH.  Either correct the script, add the mozilla-bin executable to
your $PATH, or try calling mozilla-bin without the locale syntax, or
with the correct syntax for locale.

It looks as though you are using an RPM build of Mozilla.  The files are
being put into non-standard, annoying places.  Remove the current
installation and try using either a compiled version from Mozilla.Org or
compile your own mozilla distribution.  I have written a Mozilla
Optimization for Linux mini-HOWTO which you can find at tldp.org

Also, please tell me that you are not always logged in as root on your box.

--
Salvador Peralta
Systems Administrator