[PLUG] advice on buying a cheap DAT Drive

Cooper Stevenson cooper at cooper.stevenson.name
Sun Jul 13 19:46:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 19:00, Jon Ladwig wrote:

[snip]
> Sounds like I'll have plenty of options with programs/scripts.
[snip]

Here's one more that I think will really meet your needs, The links
below refer to a short overview I wrote about backing up your Linux
computer:

  http://www.mwvlug.org/back/back.html

The PDF is here:

  http://www.mwvlug.org/back/back.pdf

Hostdump Documentation here:

  http://www.mwvlug.org/back/hostdump/hostdump.html

Hostdump tar file here:

  http://www.mwvlug.org/back/hostdump/hostdump.tar

Best,

Cooper Stevenson
Em:  cooper at cooper.stevenson.name
Www: http://www.mwvlug.org

On Sun, 2003-07-13 at 19:00, Jon Ladwig wrote:
> Thanks for the replies-
>
> Sounds like I'll have plenty of options with programs/scripts.
>
> Good advice on the size, but in this case, money matters
> and 2-4gb is plenty big enough.
>
> Ok, off to ebay- I've got some to learn there too. Seems to be a
> big difference in shipping ($8 -vs- $20) and warranty (AS-IS -vs-
> 7-30 day moneyback).
>

> Thanks again,
>
> Jon

| Cooper Stevenson        | Em: cooper at cooper.stevenson.name |
| Open Source Consultant  | Ph: 541.924.9434                 |