[PLUG] Re: [Pdx-pm] Re: [pasa-discuss] We might get OSCON here next year, with your help

John Sechrest sechrest at peak.org
Tue Jul 15 03:25:33 UTC 2003

     I found that on thursday more than 1/2 of the talks that I tried
     to get into were turning people away at the door, or sprawling
     people on the floor.

     I did put my disappointment on the eval.

     But as a matter of marketing, you should be clear that continued
     problems with space and heat will lead to lower attendence
     in the future.

				John Sechrest
				sechrest at peak.org

John Miller <millerj at metro.dst.or.us> writes:

 % Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
 % >>>>>>"John" == John Miller <millerj at metro.dst.or.us> writes:
 % >
 % > John> Whatever they do, they have to get some bigger rooms, or better
 % > John> anticiapte which subjects will draw large audiences.  Many of the
 % > John> salon sessions I attended were beyond SRO.
 % >
 % > It's really really hard to predict attendance.  They know some of the
 % > big names will have big draws, but it's hard to predict size just
 % > looking at an abstract.
 %
 % Well, there was an "or" in there.  :^)
 %
 % Seriously, I hope they at least try.
 % The more obscure topics probably draw smaller numbers.
 % Yet php5, webDAV, LPDAP, Python, etc were in SMALL rooms!
 %
 % Marriot seemed to have rooms for 25 + SRO, then rooms for 200, then for 500.. or
 % something like that.  Sounds like an interesting problem.  I could write a perl
 % script.... :^)
 %
 % Anyway, your point IS well-taken.  I put mine on the conf eval.
 %
 % JM
 %
 % Discuss mailing list