[PLUG] Re: [Pdx-pm] We might get OSCON here next year, with your help

Zot O'Connor zot at whiteknighthackers.com
Tue Jul 15 11:30:02 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 10:52, Russ Johnson wrote:
> Phil Tomson wrote:
>
> >There is no 'fairless square' over there, though, like there is downtown.
> >
> Actually, Tri-Met extended fareless square to include Lloyd center
> earlier this year or late last year. The MAX is free from I-405 to Lloyd
> Center.
>
> See this map: http://www.trimet.org/schedule/r100.htm

This brings up a good point.  I think PLUG and other Local groups did
not do a good enough job at "welcoming" the masses to Portland.
Randall's event was ultra-cool, but there should be more.  Portland is a
friendly high tech city, but how many attendees learned that?

This is less a critisim than an observation.  I think if this con or any
other con is held here we should do some kind of event, we should do
something like "everyone meet at Bridgeport."  Less an expensive party,
but a destination for convention goers to target.

--
Zot O'Connor

http://www.ZotConsulting.com
http://www.WhiteKnightHackers.com