[PLUG] Open office hangs on start - KDE, rh 8.0

plug at lists.pdxlinux.org plug at lists.pdxlinux.org
Wed Jul 16 12:51:02 UTC 2003

I've got a Dell P3 laptop on which I'm running RH 8.0., and KDE. This
machine is a dedicated word processor - so aside from occasional use of the
web browser, I'm solely using Open Office Writer.

When I start  OpenOffice, usually by double clicking the icon on the
taskbar, the OpenOffice splash screen comes up, and about 50% of the time,
it hangs.

When I check the active processes, it doesn't even show OpenOffice running
as one of them.

The only solution so far, has been to logout of KDE and try again. Any
thoughts?

Thanks,

Greg