[PLUG] Open office hangs on start - KDE, rh 8.0

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 16 13:32:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, it was written:

> When I start  OpenOffice, usually by double clicking the icon on the
> taskbar, the OpenOffice splash screen comes up, and about 50% of the time,
> it hangs.
>
> When I check the active processes, it doesn't even show OpenOffice running
> as one of them.

  This may not help, but I've had mornings when I log on, startx and find no
OO.o coming up. A look at the process list shows some old threads, a zombie
associated with each, that never were cleared out.

  Manual killing of the stuck processes fixes the situation.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com/