[PLUG] Spamassassin, procmail, and wtf

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Wed Jul 16 15:40:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Bill wrote:
> I have another question--I use pine for email; if I want to whitelist some
> addresses in a message that spamassassin caught, can I just pipe the
> message to spamassassin -W ?  I just did this, but pine reported something
> along the lines of 'command completed with no output.'

Are you running spamassassin with the `-a' switch?

       -W, --add-to-whitelist
           Add all email addresses, in the headers and body of the mail
           message read from STDIN, to the automatic whitelist.  Note that
           you must be running "spamassas­sin" or "spamd" with the -a switch
           for this to work.

Sandy
--
Sandy Herring, RHCE                        o              sandy at herring.org