[PLUG] Re: [Pdx-pm] We might get OSCON here next year, with your help

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu Jul 17 12:39:13 UTC 2003

On 15 Jul 2003, Zot O'Connor wrote:

> This brings up a good point.  I think PLUG and other Local groups did
> not do a good enough job at "welcoming" the masses to Portland.
> Randall's event was ultra-cool, but there should be more.  Portland is a
> friendly high tech city, but how many attendees learned that?

Zot,

    I totally agree.  It would have been nice if PLUG could have gotten
together with someone to offer a party.  I thought about it, but didn't
have time to do anything.  Maybe next year ...  If next year happens.

    I recall one year when Linux Mall, LinuxFund, and the Los Vegas LUG
hosted a party for "invited geeks" during Comdex.  That was the best part
of Comdex and it only cost $500.  Best of all, the LUG didn't have to
pay a dime, but they managed to come up with some storage and
transportation for LinuxFund.  LinuxFund paid for the party from the
savings of not having to pay conference fees for warehousing their items.
It was a win-win situation.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist